On Sunday, prior to picking up my wife at Islip's airport, I birded the above.
During the time I was there, the wind direction did not cooperate, thereby
keeping the official counter(s) not very busy. Without question, the best
sighting of the day, was seeing Manny Levine and his wife, Mickey, as they
approached the viewing stand- it was wonderful to speak with them again!
I had my FOS White-crowned Sparrow and Snow Goose (2) while at the "watch", and
through the help of Andrew Baksh and Pat Lindsay, saw my FOS Clay-colored
Sparrow at the W/E/t/around.
Driving between these two locations, one could not help but notice the
approx.80-100  Golden-crowned Kinglets feeding in the grassy areas on either
side of the road.
Also feeding in the grass along the n/w side of Parking Field 5, in a flock of
about 20 Canada Geese, was a smaller, darker canada resembling  a Branta
canadensis occidentalis. I was able to photograph the bird.
Cheers, Bob