Yesterday Sandy Hunter found a *CATTLE EGRET* at the Mecox Dairy in
Watermill (Suffolk). I took at look this afternoon and after a short wait
saw the egret fly into the pasture alighting amongst the herd of Jersey
cows. I stopped by again a little later but this time there were 3 Cattle
Egrets walking around together! Go figure. An *AMERICAN (BUFF-BELLIED) PIPIT
*was also in the field.

The first winter *BLACK-HEADED GULL* reported earlier today by Hugh
McGuinness was still on the sand flat at Mecox Inlet and a juvenile *AMERICAN
GOLDEN-PLOVER *was in the field off Bridge Lane in Sagaponack, just east of
bridge over the pond. The Black-headed Gull may be the same as one seen at
the same spot on 23 Oct by John Shemilt. Six Brant were the only other birds
of note at the inlet.

--
Angus Wilson
New York City & The Springs, NY, USA