Jones Beach 10 Nov

Joe Giunta, Sam Jannazzo and I (Sy Schiff) started at the Coast Guard Station
parking lot. We flushed a Winter Wren from the vegetation by the concession
stand on our way to the gazebo. On the bar were the usual suspects including
the MARBLED GODWIT and ROYAL TERN.

Again lots of sparrows to look through, but all common. In the median, both
AMERICAN GOLDFINCH and PINE SISKINS were feeding before taking flight. The
turnaround has had few birds and today was no exception. Probably the same
HERMIT THRUSH is hanging out.

At the Nature Center we located the NORTHERN SHRIKE to the east, in its
previous favorite spot on top of a bare deciduous shrub. Another Winter Wren
was lurking in the ship wreck.
HORNED LARKS were flying around, but yesterday's SNOW BUNTING flock was not in
evidence. Siskin flocks passed overhead there also.

Good birding,  Sy