The Hermit Warbler was not seen this morning during my mid-morning walk around
the park.  However, a splendid suprise was found when I was scoping the eastern
lagoon of Sunken Meadow Creek- a calling flyover White-winged Crossbill!  The
bird flew from a stand of conifers on the north side of the baseball fields
just
west of Parking Field 3 and continued south, so I did not get great views, but
still a great bird.  Besides the decent number of sea ducks on the LI Sound and
waterfowl in the creek, there were 11 Northern Gannets very close to shore, 2
female Common Eiders just off the jetty, and 14 Common Mergansers in the marsh.

Vinny Pellegrino
picasaweb.com/vinnypelle
East Northport, NY

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.  Live the life you've
imagined."

-Henry David Thoreau