Hello All,      The Lark Sparrow first seen by Vinnie Pellegrino was into
its third day at EpCal in Calverton. Dick Belanger and I found the bird
feeding amongst a large flock of Dark eyed Junco ,[and a few Field and
Chipping Sparrows], about a mile west of the pond/RR tracks where it had
been seen these last two days. The birds were along the fence line on the
north side of Grumman Blvd. About an hour later Dick, James Clinton, Joe
Lynch and I were driving west on the main runway inside EpCal when we
spotted a Common Raven come out of the treeline and straight on attack a low
flying Northern Harrier causing it to turn tail west. The Raven closely
pursued the Harrier for a good distance before going out of sight. A big
thank you to Vinny for both the LS  and  Raven, my first for Suffolk County.
My team's Quogue to Watermill Christmas Count Territory,[ North Sea to
Watermill,] came up with 76 species including an immature Bald Eagle and
light morph Rough legged Hawk.  Happy Holidays and Good December Birding,
Carl Starace