I drove over to WE2 late this morning to see what impact our recent blizzard
had on the area and size up the birdng possibilities for the Saturday Southern
Nassau CBC. The WE2 parking lot was open and easily navigable. There was a
considerable amount of open ground, as the high blizzard winds appeared to
sweep the snow off the parking lots and roads. Feeding on the median and
shoulders were many Yellow-rumped Warblers, three American Pipits, five Horned
Larks, and fifteen Snow Buntings. Also present were Black-bellied Plovers and
Killdeer. An unexpected American Bittern flew across the median, and two
Boat-tailed Grackles were feeding along the shore of the Boat Basin.

At RMSP Field 5 there were ten Horned Larks, two Snow Buntings and a single
Lapland Longspur feeding in the center of the traffic circle.

Ken Feustel