In a message dated 1/6/2011 7:47:09 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
bootyrules...@aol.com writes:

I do more reading than posting here,because I am not quite as experienced
as most of you so sometimes I feel a bit intimidated.Anyway I really wanted
to  comment on the Ravens.I live in Wappingers Falls,NY and I have a nice
variety  of birds during all 4 seasons although I see a bit of a decline this
fall and  winter so far.Anyway I have 6 resident Ravens and 2 days ago I
heard a lot of  yelling/screeching.I knew it was not the blue jays sounding the
alarm.When I  looked out of my sun-room windows I saw one of my Ravens
chasing a Red Railed  Hawk around and around my property.On that day the Raven
won.It was pretty  amazing.I do have several Red Tail Hawk's here and a
Cooper's Hawk (probably  more than one?) and that is NOT good for all of my
little birds or squirrels  or rabbits.My sparrow's,blue jay's cardinals,tufted
titmouse,finches.mourning  doves,woodpeckers and so on are hanging in there
and that makes me happy.I  feed them everday and I have two heated bird bath's
for them.Does anyone know  what really happened to the black birds
grackle/starlings that just died and  fell out of the sky?? Sigh!!!

Diane
Wappingers Falls,New York

In a message dated 1/6/2011 3:39:59 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,