My wife and I are taking a somewhat impromptu trip to Costa Rica in a few
weeks.  I figured some on the list would have very good first hand
information where to go.  My wife is not a birder and told me she would kill
me if i got her up early every morning.   Anywhere where I can get up early
on my own for a hike would be perfect, such as Manual Antonio.

The only place I am sure of traveling to is Reserva Biológica Carara for
scarlet macaws.  We aren't there for a very long time, so I plan on hiring a
guide or two.  Any guide recommendations, especially those familiar with the
cloud forests (quetzals) would be appreciated.

I'm also finding conflicting information about whether it is possible to
find turtles in January.  I know it's not the ideal time, but I also don't
expect to do everything.  Some monkeys and some birds would suit me just
find.

Please contact me off list.

Thank you.

--
"The test of us as a society is not necessarily how we treat the best among
us but how we treat the most questionable." - Ben Loeterman