From: rada...@msn.com
To: nysbirds-l-requ...@cornell.edu
Subject: Barrow's Goldeneye
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 01:50:48 -0500

Due to NYSOA's Pelagic Trip (out of  Freeport)  being cancelled for Sunday,
many people headed out to Montauk, in the hope of at least getting their alcids
by land ! Our group, was made up mostly of "up-staters", one of whom, sometime
later this week, will post only those species that we might have seen,  but
have not been reported by the other groups. Because of the long rides back home
they were  all facing, they left fairly early. I stayed on  and was rewarded
with 3 Great Cormorants ( 2 adults, with prominent white patches), the Western
Tanager, and the drake Barrows Goldeneye that had previously been reported from
Long Beach, Noyac. (the ice has all melted) tCheers, Bob ,