Hi all:

For those who were awaiting the splitting of the Yellow-rumped Warbler
complex--it ain't gona happen.  The AOU records committee has voted the
proposal down (results on the AOU web site)..  This is not too surprising as it
is completely consistent with their recent actions (teals and sparrows among
others). The comments are there to read, but the names of the individuals are
not. Therefore, I can't tell if there are specific members of the committee who
have just not acquired and/or accepted the background and knowledge of the new
modern technology or whether there is something I'm missing.

In the last several years, it seems to me, every proposal to split that relies
primarily on DNA studies, appears to get voted down. Other than this one point,
they do a great job.  I may be wrong, but when we get a new committee of young
experts, I expect to pick up a few birds

Sy Schiff