Good Morning:

Despite Central Park being closed I spent an hour in the park this morning
from 6:30-7:30. I birded the 72nd Street Lake, Turtle Pond, The Great Lawn
and the Reservoir. I didn't expect much and wasn't disappointed. Visibility
was poor and the only birds seen were 3 Mallards, and several robin and
grackles.

There was a lot of debris from leaves, twigs, and some downed tree branches.
Water was over a foot deep on the paths in lower lying areas. I saw no one
else expect for several police cars and one park official. The police said
nothing about my being in the park, but the park official, whom many of you
know, told me to leave and them drove off. I came home soaking wet. My rain
gear wasn't as waterproof as I thought.

Peter Post
New York city