From: rada...@msn.com
To: nysbirds-l@cornell.edu
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2011 01:09:58 -0400

Yesterday, (9/1), Tom Moran and I started at Field 7, Heckscher S. Pk., and
finished at Cupsogue Co. Pk. At each park, Tom got a life bird and a FOS, and
I, 2 FOS.
At H/S/Pk, Pectoral Sandpiper (4) was new for Tom, and FOS for me. White-rumped
Sandpiper (4) qualified as FOS for both of us. ALSO of note were 23-26 Lesser
Yellowlegs.
Stops at sod fields in Eastport and Riverhead proved to be unproductive,
At Cupsogue, Clapper Rail was new for Tom and FOS for me, as was Western Willet
(2) for both of us. Also of note were single Marbled Godwit & Whimbrel, (3)
Royal & (3, probably 4) Black Terns, and a lone Red Knot.
Cheers, Bob