Hello all,

If anyone attending the NYSOA meeting at Sylvan Lake in Dutchess County this past weekend found a Canon PowerShot digital camera, please contact me offline. I lost it during or after the banquet on Saturday evening at the Circle Lodge.

Birding highlights of the weekend for me, Andrew Baksh, Joan Quinlan, and Shai Mitra (and others who joined us birding both Saturday and Sunday) included Lincoln's Sparrows at Vassar Farm (1) and Stonykill Environmental Center (likely 2); Dickcissels (a flyover at Vassar and the one found earlier by others at SEC); a Philadelphia Vireo (thanks, Betsy!), and 11 species of warbler (Nashville, Yellow, Magnolia, BT Blue, Myrtle, BT Green, Prarie, Blackpoll, eastern and western Palms, Co. Yellowthroat, and Canada) at Vassar Farm. For us Long Islanders, the Pileated Woodpecker at Vassar was also a real treat.

Thanks to Maury Lacher and Maha of the Ralph T. Waterman Bird Club, leaders of the Vassar Farm field trip, and Mike (studying/working at Vassar Farms) for introducing us to and educating us about this wonderful spot.

Patricia Lindsay
Bay Shore, NY