This morning (10/8/11) Lorraine Bondi and I birded this awesome
grassland/woodland site.
The recently plowed west field yielded a 1st year male DICKCISSEL perched on the
newest excavatated spoils pile on the right.

The VESPER SPARROW seen Friday, hopped from the short hill grasses into the 1st
Locust tree
right of the 2 old concrete feed troughs repeatedly :) great looks! (in front
of the newly plowed west fields).
4 Eastern bluebirds joined the Vesper sparrow with several Palm and Yellow
rumped warblers.
Also in those grasses were about 10  Eastern Meadowlarks.

No pipits showed themselves :(

The brush/stump pile produced at least 6 species of warblers...
2  Orange crowned's being the nicest for us :)

We had great looks at a Sharp-shinned hawk in a woods trail across from the
brush pile....

What a great place, Lorraine got 6 life birds :) !

Good birding,
Dan Furbish
Truckin' thru 5 northern states in a big rig.
peterbilt.bir...@yahoo.com