From: bounce-38195020-3714...@list.cornell.edu
[mailto:bounce-38195020-3714...@list.cornell.edu] On Behalf Of Cindy
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2011 7:28 PM
To: NYSBIRDS_L; Phil Jeffries
Subject: [nysbirds-l] Juncos

Hi all, just curious, has anyone seen Juncos yet? Or White-throated
sparrows?

I saw my first-of-season Juncos and White-Throated Sparrows this past
Sunday, in Falls Village, CT (in the northwest corner of the state). It was
a small, active flock of maybe 6-8 birds and one of the sparrows sang for a
bit.

I know it's not NY but since I've seen them further north, i'm wondering how
long it's going to be before we see them in the NYC/LI area.

Those birds mean winter's almost here.... chop the firewood!

happy birding everyone

Cindy Wodinsky

 <http://www.northeastbirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME> Welcome and Basics

 <http://www.northeastbirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES> Rules and Information