At about 8:30 this morning at Smith Point County Park in Suffolk County I
found a single Northern Shrike in the area between the National Seashore
boardwalk and the bay.  It perched briefly on the tops of trees and shrubs
3 times, then it disappeared.  I ran into Carl Starace and Dick Belanger
and we went on a shrike hunt - finally the bird reappeared twice, the last
time about 10:30 in a pine tree adjacent to the fence along the western
edge of the ballfield/playground area just north of the National Seashore
building.

In two hours I saw this bird 5 times for a total of about a minute, so good
luck if you go.

Also of interest to me were a cooperative Merlin, 6 Green-winged Teal, and
perhaps 60 Bufflehead.

Richard Kaskan
Shoreham, NY
--