Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 10:36:07 -0500
Subject: [nysbirds-l] Odds and Ends from The Hamptons
From: icoller...@gmail.com
To: nysbirds-l@cornell.edu

Had a few hours this morning to check a couple of the Montauk sights:

Lazy Point, Napeague: RED KNOT (1) in the shorebird roost, LESSER BLACK-BACKED
GULL (1), Northern Gannet (1), Northern Harrier, but no white lumps on distant
dunes.
Fort Pond Bay: RED-NECKED GREBE (1) - thank you Angus
Fort Pond: LESSER BLACK-BACKED GULL (1) - I've also seen one a Mecox a couple
of times in the last week, there seem to be quite a few hanging around out here.
Deep Hollow: GREATER WHITE-FRONTED GOOSE (1)
Checked a bunch of other spots too - Ice House Pond, East Lake, Rita's, etc.
but didn't come up with much.  The Further Lane goose flock was not present at
10am when I came past.

As an FYI - I checked for the Eurasian Wigeon on Cooper's Neck Pond twice this
week - once on Monday with Jim Ash, an again on Friday - dipped out both times.
 Doesn't mean it's not there - ducks come and go from the "loafing ponds".
There is a nice selection of waterfowl on the various Southampton ponds -
including on Monday a female REDHEAD on Cooper's Neck.

Welcome and Basics
Rules and Information
Subscribe, Configuration and Leave
Archives: