Last nights storm and today's wind brought many birds to Sullivan County.  This
afternoon I  birded all the hot spots in the county.  Yankee Lake, Swan Lake,
Kiamesha Lake and a few others.  Red-throated Loon is rare in the county and
these were my first in several years. Fortunately, Scott and Paula Baldinger
and Arlene Borko were able to come and see the one on Yankee Lake. Here are the
highlights:

Yankee Lake:
RED-THROATED LOON 1
Common Loon 2
Common Merganser 80
Common Goldeneye 10
Double-crested Cormorant 1
Hooded Merganser 2

Kiamesha Lake:
RED-THROATED LOON 2
Common Loon 1
Ruddy Duck 10
WHITE-WINGED SCOTER 2
BONAPARTE'S GULL 1
Herring Gull 15
Horned Grebe 2
Pied-billed Grebe 2
Bufflehead 1

Swan Lake:
Common Loon 2
Common Merganser 225
Ring-necked Duck 6
Black Duck 14
Pied-billed Grebe 1
Ruddy Duck 1
Bufflehead 3

Additionally, several Common Loons and Hooded Mergansers were seen at smaller
sites.  John Haas