The Avocet continues!  I saw it late in the day today in Coney Island Creek
after I birded with Sy Schiff, Joe Giunta and the crew at Jones Beach
earlier.  The Avocet seems to be regular in the northern cove of Coney
Island Creek.  To get there, park by the baseball fields near Home Depot,
cross the fields and find your way through the brush to the edge of the
cove.  It was on the opposit shore, clearly visible hanging out with the
ducks and geese and the old tires and abandoned stuff.  If you go I
reccommend having a partner, the area can be a bit unsafe.  I hope it stays
for the Christmas Count but it looks unhappy, a bit cold.

Rob Bate
Brooklyn