Hi all,
After work I stopped by the AMNH and again the hummingbird made an
immediate appearance in the flower beds east of the 81st Street entrance.
After a minute or so it flew over to the flower beds on the west side and
it stayed there for about 20 minutes, perching and feeding. In rather poor
light I got a few more photos of it, but no good capture of its tail
spread.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/landp/6518343403

The bird settled in the same place as yesterday - in the bushes near the
wall in the flower bed west of the entrance.  With some luck there will be
some sunlight reaching the flower bed area early tomorrow morning.

good luck if you go,

Anders Peltomaa
Manhattan