Hi all,

Following the pattern of RAZORBILLS appearing in Long Island Sound of late
along the Connecticut coast, there have been a few around Read Sanctuary in
Rye sporadically over the past couple weeks. I saw five birds this morning,
including one group of three together just east of the point. All were
sitting on the water, occasionally diving, giving decent scope looks.
Razorbills are relatively rare in Westchester county (<10 records) so this
is quite a treat!

There has also been one HOUSE WREN lingering in the shrubby areas bordering
the lake. Canvasbacks have finally returned to the lake for the winter,
although their numbers are still low (I counted eight birds today).

Full eBird checklist w/ photos:

Good birding and happy holidays,

Benjamin Van Doren
White Plains, NY