We (Alan Baratz and Janet Zinn) spent over two hours in Floyd Bennet  Field
today (10-12:15) and searched all the reported spots along the center  and
north runways, and further afield as well, but no luck with the Northern
Shrike. Saw one other birder searching and it didn't seem like he was having
any  luck either. However, a consolation prize of Short-eared Owl was very
nice.  Also, a Peregrine and two lovely hunting American Kestrels.

SEOW and Kestrel photos on my Facebook page.

_http://www.facebook.com/Janet.Zinn.Photography_
(http://www.facebook.com/Janet.Zinn.Photography)

Janet  Zinn
Brooklyn, NY