I saw the Chaffinch about 10:45 this morning.  The previous appearance was
9:15.  Apparently it returned around 11:30.  From conversations and reading the
internet, this seems to be the pattern.  It stays around 45 seconds each time.

The cul-de-sac where you park is here:

40.630695, -75.025871

This is exit 11 off I-78.  There are services there, and more at exit 12.

To reemphasize:  NO WEEKEND VISITS.

Some advice:  as you walk up the curving drive way and come to the house,
resist the temptation to go straight ahead to the yard.  No.  Walk to the
right, on the lawn around the front of the house.  The observing porch will be
on your left.

The porch is covered with a pergola.  This can be somewhat inconvenient, as the
bird is often seen in bushes and trees.  For the best view, try to get to the
right side of the porch, where you can still see the feeders.

Be prepared for waits of 1+ hours.  The closest restrooms are back at exit 11.

The bird is basically a loner, but seems to hang around with Cardinals.  When
the Cardinals appear in the bushes, it signals a "red alert".  ;-)

Good luck!

Bob Lewis
Sleepy Hollow NY