Date: Feb. 5, 2012
Location: Croton, Westchester County

Our NYC Audubon birding group visited Croton. The lack ice and  snow
prevented the Eagles from concentrating in any one spot.  We were able  to see
three adult Bald Eagles fly over at the Croton RR station and one  adult fly
over at Croton Park. Other raptors seen were Red-tailed Hawks,  Cooper's Hawk,
Sharpshinned Hawk and Turkey Vultures. Ducks were also hard to  find but we
did note a raft of Common Goldeneye and many Common Mergansers. Land  birds
were not to be found.

At dusk we visited George's  Island and noted one immature Bald  Eagle come
in to roost.

Good Birding,
Joe Giunta