Jamaica Bay Wildlife Refuge 7 February

Joe Giunta and I (Sy Schiff) arrived at the West Pond at 7:05 AM to find Debbie
Martin focused on the BARROW'S GOLDENEYE. Soon joined by others for great
looks, the Goldeneyes took off at 7:18. There had been at least 50 COMMON
GOLDENEYES on the pond with a dozen still remaining. Walking back to the car,
we found our FOS RED-WINGED BLACKBIRD singing from the top of a tree.

Floyd Bennett Field

The target Bluebird Box had an adult AMERICAN KESTREL perched on it, but the
Northern Shrike was not found. Extensive looks from along the shore (Archery
and Fisherman Fields) failed to locate the Eurasian Wigeon among the 100+
AMERICAN WIGEON scattered throughout. While driving  about we saw our FOS
COMMON GRACKLE.

Sy