I was able to get a few decent photos of the Pink-footed Goose in
Holtsville this evening.  If you go and are interested in getting a little
closer for photography without making all of the birds fly and walk away
there's a fence that runs along the eastern sides of the field and for the
most part you can walk on the opposite side of the fence which allowed me
to get within 100 yards of the bird (instead of the 300 yards I was at when
viewing from the road).  Photos can be seen here:
http://birdsoflongisland.blogspot.com/2012/02/pink-footed-goose.html

--
- Luke Ormand

www.birdsoflongisland.blogspot.com