This prompted me to report a couple of band sightings that I was tardy with.
Since there seems to be some interest in this, here is the info.

One bird, photographed by me at Bay Park (Nassau co.) Feb. 12, is part of
the same study and banded at the Quebec site given below, an adult female
banded 6/9/2010 (Blue leg band LMA; Fed band number: 0954-17314).

A second bird (second winter) was photographed by me at Mill River Park
(along the same river that runs past Bay Park), also Feb. 12. This one is
part of a Massachusetts study
(http://www.mass.gov/dcr/watersupply/watershed/study/index.htm ). It was
banded 10/29/2010 at Walmart, Northborough, MA as a juvenile (Orange
wing-tags: A497; Red leg band: 067; Federal band: 0994-04260).

If anyone cares, pictures of the bands can be seen at
http://www.stevewalternature.com/downloads/  So I'm just dying to say that
birds were disturbed in order to get pictures. Yea, when I stopped my car
and rolled down the window, the gulls left the spots they were comfortable
in and flew toward me and surrounded the car.

Steve Walter