Bird and about 30 birders present 11AM Gerry Smith
From: Joan E. Collins
Sent: March 06, 2012 9:02 AM
To: NYSBIRDS-L@cornell.edu ; northern_ny_bi...@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [nysbirds-l] Gray-crowned Rosy-Finch update

3/6/12

Janet Akin, sister of Nancy Loomis (homeowner), reported that the Gray-crowned
Rosy-Finch showed up at 6:26 a.m. this morning.  Nancy sent me a message that a
TV crew from Channel 7 out of Watertown is on the way to her house!  Little
does the rosy finch know how famous it is becoming!  Locust Grove must be
experiencing a boon in tourism!

Nancy also mentioned "what a nice bunch of guys" visited yesterday, and today,
she mentioned it has been great to meet everyone visiting.  She particularly
enjoyed reading Corey Finger's blog (I'll list the link below for members of
Northern NY Birds):

http://10000birds.com/gray-crowned-rosy-finch-in-new-york.htm

Beautiful photos Corey!  Thank you for writing such an interesting blog - I
found it wonderful to read more about the bird's behavior, and its behavior
around the other feeder species.  Thanks to Benjamin and Seth for identifying
the bird's subspecies.

Joan Collins

Long Lake, NY

Welcome and Basics