On Monday evening (3/26) ~ 6:35 P.M., I had a lone T.V. flying low over
downtown Riverhead, and again when we crossied paths, about 5 minutes later, a
bit farther north. Thinking at the time it was late in the day for such a
sighting,  coupled with the prevailing reasoning that the T.V's seen during the
day on eastern L.I. are probably "day trippers" from Connecticut (and as such,
would have started their "return trip"earlier) I put it down as a  probable
migrant.
On Wednesday morning at ~ 0840, I had the same species (individual ?) flying
low at the latter of the 2 locations above. The time, day and location of this
occurrence made me wonder if this sighting was that of an individual that had
spent at least a few days & nights feeding & roosting here in the Riverhead
area.
Today I received an email from Tom Lambertson, a local birder, who lives in
Flanders, and works at Brookhaven National Laboratory. All 3 Osprey nests that
he monitors (2 near home and 1 at work) were late getting occupied this year,
with dates of 3/26, 3/27 and 3/28, respectively. These quite late, considering
they are normally on territory by St. Patrick's Day, or the day afterward.
For the last couple of days, between 6 and 7 PM, he has also seen 10 - 12 T.V's
 flying ( south & east) of the intersection of Routes 105 and 24 (Flanders
Rd.), Flanders.
In addition, Tom mentioned seeing his FOS Eastern Kingbird at B.N.L., on 3/28.

Cheers, Bob