Bob Adamo and I went in search of the Yellow-Throated Warbler, Louisiana
Thrush, and the Blue-Gray Gnatcatcher and missed on all but came up with a
great variety of spring species doing spring species behavior that it made
for a great day of birding! We had a four Yellow-Bellied Sapsucker, a five
woodpecker day, and an "is that what I think it is" sighting (the Bald Eagle
fly by at Hempstead Lake SP).

Hempstead Lake SP

Blue-winged Teal, Green-winged Teal, Osprey, Bald Eagle-adult, Red-tailed
Hawk, Red-bellied Woodpecker-2 males in the same tree making harsh calls and
crowding each other until one was driven away, Yellow-bellied Sapsucker,
Hairy Woodpecker, Northern Flicker, Tree Swallow, Carolina Wren, House Wren,
White-throated Sparrow

Alley Pond Park

Yellow-bellied Sapsucker 2 females at the Cloverdale entrance chasing each
other, one at Turtle Pond, Downy Woodpecker, Northern Flicker, Eastern
Phoebe, Brown Creeper, Hermit Thrush, Pine Warbler, Palm Warbler, Eastern
Towhee, White-throated Sparrow, Dark-eyed Junco, Rusty Blackbird

Oceanside Marine Nature Center

Brant, Canada Goose-attack geese defending nests along trail!, Glossy Ibis,
Osprey, Greater Yellowlegs, Lesser Yellowlegs, Savannah Sparrow