My usual multi-day May birding vacation got off to a great start this
morning, When I stepped out of the house ~8:45 to drive over to my mechanic
for an inspection and oil change (going upstate on a birding trip tomorrow),
I was instantly waylaid by all the birdsong spilling out of the treetops
out back. My departure was delayed for 30 minutes as I tried (and mostly
succeeded) at spotting the following:

E. Kingbird: 1
Blue-headed Vireo: 1
Catbird: 1
Baltimore Oriole: 2-3

WARBLERS
Black-and-White: 2-3
Nashville: 1
N. Parula: 3-4
Yellow: 1
Chestnut-sided: 1
Pine: 1 (probable local breeder)
Yellow-rumped Warbler: >10
Black-throated Green: 2

Just an hour later only a handful of Yellow-rumps and the 1 Yellow could be
heard. Over the years, the presence of neotropical migrants in such numbers
in my yard has correlated with significant pushes of migrants throughout the
region. The same held true today, as reflected by many of the other reports
here, from upstate to the east end of Long Island. Unfortunately I've also
noticed over the years that there isn't an inverse correlation--my yard has
all too often been devoid of migrants on days when seemingly everywhere else
is overrun. But I'll gladly take them when they do come my way.