My timing certainly could have been better today, ( see Doug Futuyma's post),
when I birded S.M.S. Pk., before (1130-1245) and after (1430-1530) keeping a
1300 medical appointment at the V.A.Hospital in Northport .
Birding just the park's eastern end (from sump to walking bridge) I did get a
FOY Warbling Vireo, but the photos of 2 other species were, by far, the
highlights of the day! I don't have a special camera, but every once and
awhile, it makes "magic"!
The first was of a Snowy Egret (with & without blown feathers) that has to have
the biggest yellow feet I've ever seen...I know, I know.
The second was of a male Yellow Warbler, head back and mouth open, with
red-striped breast and belly in prominence, singing fast and loud...doing it's
darnedest to turn my gray day into a "holiday"!
Cheers,Bob
P.S. Unfortunately, they couldn't repair one of my hearing aids "in house",
having to send it back to the manufacturer, which will probably take about 2
weeks before it is returned. I wonder how many missed birds this will cost
me...Suffering Succotash !