From: Ken McDermott <terrei...@verizon.net>
To: nysbirds-l <nysbird...@list.cornell.edu>
Sent: Sat, Jun 2, 2012 11:38 pm
Subject: [nysbirds-l] Request from Blue Chip Farm

Earlier this week i got a call from Jean Brown of Blue Chip asking that birders
refrain from entering the horse fields
while birding. Her number is 845-895-3930 X 14 or sell 845-705-7157.
She understands that Blue Chip has birds hard to see other places.
She got my number from the Audubon website (the only place she knew to look). I
said I would notify Mearns and John Burroughs  too

Lynn Barber
Orange County Audubon
845-744-6047

======================================================================================================

Thanks Lynn,

It's a very sad situation when those who manage Blue Chip have to make such a
request, obviously because of previous offenses.  Over the past 40 years that I
have been birding at Blue Chip Farm I have NEVER seen a soul violate those
grounds but things do change.  I will call Jean Brown tomorrow and my
recommendation is that they record the license plate of ANY offenders and that
they call the State Police and have them arrested for illegal trespass.  I'd
also like her to let us know who the violators are and what their license
numbers are.  Knowing our Mearns members I very sincerely doubt that ANY member
would violate those grounds in any way. We all know just how many wonderful
experiences we have had with outstanding sightings.

Regards,

Ken McDermott

Welcome and Basics
Rules and Information