I'm used to seeing (or hearing) Willow Flycatchers in the general vicinity of
salt marshes. This weekend, my son had soccer games in Levittown and Dix Hills.
Both locations are far removed from any salt marsh habitat or any water at all
for that matter, but both locations seemed to have some kind of recharge basin
with singing Willow Flycatchers.

Levittown location:
40.716017, -73.525575

Dix Hills Location:
40.788844,-73.390474

The Levittiown field appears as MacLaren Stadium on Google maps (they'be got
some nerve calling this hole in the ground a stadium).

The Dix Hills field appear as Half Hollow Park on Google maps (it's also called
HBC Soccer Park).

Anyway, I thought some people might be interested and was wondering how many
recharge basins on Long Island might have this bird as a breeder.

Glenn Quinn
Hauppauge, NY