6/15 & 6/16/12 Whiteface Mountain, Essex Co.

The Fox Sparrow was found singing again on Friday and Saturday up on
Whiteface Mountain.  So, you have to wonder if any females are listening
(other than me that is.)?  It is a long way to Maine and Canada from
Whiteface Mountain!  The bird is holding a territory between the "Lake
Placid" and "Wilmington" turns - across the road from the picnic table (on
the right as you drive up) by the slide.  Even from the parking lot, much
higher up, the Fox Sparrow's voice can be heard loudly echoing up the peak.
One of my clients almost got a photograph yesterday, but the bird was behind
a fir tree.  Sean O'Brien plans to accompany me during my Mountain Birdwatch
survey this week to record the bird.

Joan Collins

Long Lake, NY