I haven't been posting because plenty of others have, but I've been back to
my local "patch" to check on the Kentucky Warbler each day since I first
reported it - I'm pleased to say that it was still singing away this
morning during my brief stop just before 6am.  The Kentucky occupies an
area that mostly overlaps the area where a Hooded Warbler hung out singing
last year 10 June through 7 July.  It is a good spot - I'm able to go there
a lot because it is practically in my back yard.  In the five years I've
lived on Long Island I've detected 146 species in this area, including 32
wood-warblers - pretty good for me for a place with essentially no water.

I visited Smith Point County Park after checking on the warbler - for those
who need a June Glaucous Gull the first-summer bird first reported by
Michael McBrien on 22 May is still hanging around.  Until this morning I've
always seen it in the parking lot, but today I saw it on the beach just
West of the western terminus of the boardwalk that starts at the National
Seashore building.

Richard Kaskan
Shoreham, NY
--