I'm not sure how widely the word about the proposed development of lands
adjacent to the old Galeville Airport (Shawangunk NWR) grasslands has gotten
out  - but here is a head's up so that people who have visited the
grasslands or are concerned about grassland species such as Short-eared
Owls, N. Harriers, Upland Sandpipers, and the many more can voice their
concerns about the Town's plans to develop the land:

Here is a couple of exchanges that could help formulate a response to DEC.
The comment period ends Sept.6th - and although DEC says that they will
unofficially accept comments until the 10th, don't count on them including
late arriving letters or e-mails.

Letters or e-mails should go to :

Joseph R Murray
NYSDEC Region 3 Headquarters
21 South Putt Corners Rd
New Paltz, NY 12561
(845)256-3054
r3...@gw.dec.state.ny.us <mailto:r3dep%40gw.dec.state.ny.us>

[you might cc the Mearns Bird Club to let them know we are behind them]