On this past Tuesday and then again on Wednesday, I traveled from Riverhead,
L.I. to the Mt. Loretto Unique Area, S.I., with Tom Moran on the 1st trip, and
by myself, on the 2nd - putting ~ 400 miles on the car (thank God it's a Prius)
and spending ~ 10 hours on the road, plus ~ 8 hours at the site. This effort
provided a quick look at a Bell's Vireo (that probably was a young, "runt"
White-eyed Vireo) on Wednesday. Since this had been our target bird, some might
have given themselves a grade of F...as in futility !

While I haven't spoken to Tom re: the grade he would give the approximate 8
hours spent on Tuesday without even seeing the y/r/WEVI, his view might be
tarnished by being picked up right after his last teaching class, and while he
was able to take off his tie, he couldn't change out of his long, dress pants
and good shoes !

What made this adventure into a B+ for me were the following:

1) Other notable species seen or heard: A.Bittern; Black Vulture; Bald Eagle;
C. Nighthawk; Traill's type Flycatcher, Least Flycatcher.

2) Old friends seen and spoken to.

3) New friends made

4) Wonderful weather.

5) Beautiful habitat

6) The small, light lawn chair that was brought by Pat Lindsay (because of her
experience on Tuesday) but not used by her on Wednesday - thereby, making it
available to the "wimps" in the crowd...like me !

Cheers,
Bob