Getting a late start again, I arrived at Robert Moses SP's Field #2 at ~ 1100,
where I was greeted by 6 ground-feeding Golden-crowned Kinglets, the first of ~
50 scattered from there to P/F #5. Had a flock of ~ 30 Pine Siskin's near the
Hawk watch platform, as well as my FOS White-crowned Sparrow. The only raptors
I saw at RMSP were limited to a single Sharp-shinned Hawk and a single Merlin.

Heading west toward Jones Beach SP, I picked up the first N.Harrier of the day.
At the J/B/Tower, I observed a pair of adult Peregrine Falcons resting on the
tower's south face - about an hour later on my return east, the pair had moved
to the west face...where they following the almost non-existent Sun ? What I
really found interesting was the same position they occupied on both faces -
one on the middle cross-section and one on the top cross-section...and also,
did they switch, or keep, the same positions ?

After adding another Merlin to the mix at the Weat End, my next stop was the
Calverton Grasslands, where I tallied 4 more N.Harriers, a Kestrel and 6
E.Meadowlarks. Driving into the radar installation, located across Rt. 25, to
the n/o the grasslands, I saw my FOS A.Tree Sparrow.

Cheers,
Bob