When Ardith Bondi and I arrived at the baseball fields shortly after 2:00 PM the ball players were deliberately chasing the geese off of the baseball fields. The geese flew to the cove just NNE of the baseball fields where we located the Barnacle Goose. It was associating with Canada Geese, standing on the mud or swimming. It provided great views and photo opportunities. Towards dusk most of the geese flew off towards the Hudson River (to roost?). One of the Canada Geese had with a neck collar which may provide a clue as to the provenance of the Barnacle.

Thanks to Anders for posting!

Peter

Peter Post
New York City