Hot on the heals of our successful trek for the Northern Lapwings on
Wednesday,  a group of us (Renee Davis, Scott Baldinger, Lance Verderame and I)
from Sullivan County headed down to Alley Pond Park this morning to make a
second attempt at the Virginia's Warbler.  We were only there about 20 minutes,
when at 7:30 am Lance Verderame spotted the bird along one of the paths
transecting the kettle.  The bird was right along the path which was marked on
Steve Walters map with a 10.  The bird worked both sides of this path for about
ten minutes, eventually crossing the paved trail on the 73rd Ave side and
disappeared in the undergrowth between the trail and the street.  While we had
some excellent views, none in our group were successful in getting a photo.  At
least three other birders, Jay McGowan among  them were able to see the bird.
John Haas