The Barnacle Goose was present, along with well over 1,000 Canada Geese, on the
extensive Parade Ground field (immediately east of Broadway), in Van Cortlandt
Park, The Bronx.  The Barnacle was a bit off to itself when seen around 2 p.m.,
much closer to the east edge of the field, and roughly mid-way between the
north and south ends of the field. That would put it very approximately near a
side street of W. 250 St., & about 100+ yards east of Broadway. The Barnacle
tolerated an approach to within 100 feet but then became much more alert, and I
approached no closer as not to interrupt the feeding it, and a majority of all
the other geese nearby, were engaged in. On a weekday and with raw weather
there was essentially no one else nearby, and the Canada geese were sprawled
all over almost the entire field. I did not attempt to locate any other geese,
such as possible Cackling, that could have been present in the throngs.

Good birding,

Tom Fiore,
Manhattan