Today, Tom Moran and I, arrived at Meritt's Pond, Riverhead ~ 0845, finding
only 2 Blue Morph Snow Geese, among the many canadas. Obviously to late, we
then headed north to try for the Ross's Goose in the farm fields, but whiffed
again. A stop at the Tuccio Buffalo Farm produced 1 A.Pipit, ~ 12 Horned Larks
and 2 of the "Birding  McBriens".Turning our search toward the 2 Yellow-headed
Blackbirds found previously in a huge flock of "blackbirds" on farmland in
Calverton,  our luck once more deserted us. Going west as far as Hulse Landing
Rd., Wadiing River, before heading back east as far as Iron Pier Beach,
Jamesport , before ending the day back at Meritt's Pond, we drove, what seemed
like, every n/s and e/w road in between ! Motoring these byways, we crossed
paths with 1 N.Harrier, 8 Red-tailed Hawks, 1 Kestrel, 80-90 Horned Larks
(feeding in field w/s Doctors Path, n/o Reeves Ave) and 1 adult Ross's Goose in
a fairly large canada flock, on the s/s of Soundview Rd., Northville, opposite
the Northville Oil Terminal. We watched this bird from 1550 to 1635, leaving it
in a "grounded-state", as we hurried down to Meritt's Pond, so as to possibly
beat it back, upon arrival, check for any other ross's,  and then be able to
ascertain if there was more than 1 of this species in the area.
Cheers,Bob