This afternoon, I spent ~ 2 hours riding Town of Riverhead roads in search of a
Lapland Longspur. Missed it, as well as most of the species that have (because
of our recent heavy snow storm) been found feeding along roadsides. It was a
quiet day, except for the raptors encountered along the way.  In Wading River,
a Red-tailed Hawk and 1 Merlin, with 3 other redtails seen while heading east
to Jamesport's Iron Pier Beach.The highlight of the day occurred while en-route
home, when an adult N.Goshawk flew across Penny's La., Northville.
Cheers,Bob