Having arrived at about 10am, I was told that just 10 minutes before the bird was seen departing the Osprey nest platform west of the Gilgo Parking Lot (yesterday's location) heading north and possibly east.

I, along with a number of other observers remained at the location searching to no avail for several hours. At about 1;30 a birder showed up saying that the bird was perched on an Osprey Nest Platform about a mile west of the Cedar Beach Parking Lot.

Several of the group headed east to seek our fortune. We parked on the north verge of the highway and hoped the police would not show up, as it is a ticketable offense.

The Gyrfalcon was perched on a cross-beam of the platform facing north and preening. This was a distant but definitive observation. I left at about 2:00 with the bird still perched.

If you don't want to risk a ticket, park at Cedar Beach and walk west.

Good luck to all.