The latest reports based on frequency is that this bird favors the southern
slope of Quaker Ridge between the Quaker Cemetery and the Falkill Falls sloped
path with rare excursions towards the Nethermead Bridge

However , the bird is not easy to see or spot  as its been working the middle
to upper slope of the southern ridge. Today , Adam Welz spotted it 150 feet up,
2 days ago I spotted it about 100 feet up slope , but both sightings were
behind dense brush. You ofetn have to scan the hillside.

You can see a map track I created  with approximate locations ( except for
mine) from my blog. Just look for post with VARIED THRUSH. Keep me posted

Other good birds  overshadowed by VATH were two COMMON REDPOLLS seen in the
Vale of Cashmere midafternoon, WHITE-WINGED CROSSBILLS (Steve Nanz) with Pine
Siskins as all week seen in Butterfly Meadow , in the pin oaks or on the
leaf/twigs cluttered ground (Lookout Hill ) , 2 COMMON MERGANSERS in the Lake
and today a FOY RUSTY BLACKBIRD (Keir Randall; Dennis Hrehowsik) seen in the
Lily Pool platform area ( pool near the Boathouse), but then this early eve on
Lookout Hill's switchback trail on the southern slope by the Maryland Monument.

Yesterday I had 9 RINGNECKED DUCKS on the Lake, a GREENWINGED TEAL (P Colen)
on the Upper Pool

see all the details on my blog http://prospectsightings.blogspot.com/

Good birding this weekend

Peter