  From: Steve Walter
  To: 'NYSBIRDS_L'
  Sent: Saturday, April 06, 2013 7:54 PM
  Subject: RE: [nysbirds-l] Jones Beach and Pt. Lookout 6 April

  It turns out that there are two LAPLAND LONGSPURS, one in more advanced
plumage than the one I think Sy referred to. At the risk of starting a
stampede, I'm obligated to show a picture of it
(http://www.stevewalternature.com/ , on the recent work page). I would think a
lot of people have not seen a longspur looking like this. There are also some
nice looking Horned Grebes to look at if the longspurs aren't around.

  Steve Walter

  Bayside, NY