I led my monthly walk at Wave Hill this morning, and although migratory
songbirds were sparse (perhaps due to NW winds), we had some nice sightings:
a third-year Bald Eagle, being dive-bombed by a Great Black-backed Gull, which
looked petite in comparisonA large V of Double-crested Cormorants, headed north
over the Hudsona Common Raven, flying across the Hudson and headed east, which
did a barrel-roll as it flew overheadA pair of calling Fish CrowsAn Osprey,
flying up the HudsonPalm and Pine WarblersBoth kinglet species
I also forgot to report it in a timely fashion, but yesterday in Prospect Park,
in addition to tons of Pine Warblers (probably close to 20 around the
Lullwater), Palm Warblers, Yellow-rumped Warblers, both Kinglets, and several
Brown Creepers, I had a lovely FOS Yellow-throated Vireo right near the
Boathouse, gleaning the leaf-buds in a sugar maple.  It looks like there's one
record from April 8 on eBird, but otherwise this is pretty early for this
species.
Spring!
Gabriel WillowNYC Audubon