permit regardless of who's property the activity is occurring on; state,
municipal, or private.

Joe

On May 4, 2013, at 12:26 AM, "Elizabeth D Poole"
<acupres...@aol.com<mailto:acupres...@aol.com>> wrote:

Is the Putnam Trail State-owned or City-owned? The part in question seems to be
entirely within Van Cortlandt Park. I'm curious to know why DEC even has
jurisdiction within a City park.

You have not explained why it is preferable to keep this old railroad bed,
disused for nearly sixty years, in its present state instead of making it
available and hospitable to many who do not otherwise get out into the woods.
The trail is largely paved already from the City line well into Putnam County.

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Baksh <birdingd...@gmail.com<mailto:birdingd...@gmail.com>>
To: nysbirds-l <nysbirds-l@cornell.edu<mailto:nysbirds-l@cornell.edu>>
Cc: Nyc ebirds <ebirds...@yahoogroups.com<mailto:ebirds...@yahoogroups.com>>
Sent: Fri, May 3, 2013 6:14 pm
Subject: [nysbirds-l] Fwd: Important on Putnam Trail - comment period deadline
coming up.

To all birders, naturalists and photographers.  Please see the e-mail below and
submit your opposition to the paving of the Putnam Nature Trail into NYSDEC
before May 17th.  I thank all of you who have stepped forward to lend your
support.

Sent from somewhere in the field using my mobile device!

Andrew Baksh
www.birdingdude.blogspot.com<http://www.birdingdude.blogspot.com>

Begin forwarded message: