The birding at Forest Park Queens continues to be very good with yet
another 20+ species of warblers tallied by several birders.  The high count
collectively appears to be 24 Warbler species.

Today's highlights were *PRAIRIE* (female), *PINE* and *HOODED*
warblers, *LINCOLN
SPARROW* and *BLACK-BILLED CUCKOO*. The *HOODED* was apparently loafing
around the train tracks near a termite hatch out.  Although there was no
report of yesterday's MOURNING WARBLER or the SUMMER TANAGERS, they could
still be around.

In trying to establish the best times for the Waterhole (depending on your
priorities); it appears that very early on might be best for the largest
variety of birds.  However, it pays to stick around for those birds that
might come in a bit later...much later.

Here are two examples to support both scenarios:  An early PINE WARBLER was
not seen or heard from again after the early morning flurry.

Then, late this afternoon.  A Worm-eating Warbler which was not seen or
heard from all day, finally showed up at the waterhole around 4:05 p.m.
according to the text time stamp from Corey Finger.  By the time I made it
back to the water hole, it had pulled out but returned sometime around 5:45
where I along with several birders enjoyed very good looks.

In the end, patience and luck rules the day.  Good luck and good birding!
Some photos from today are posted here
http://birdingdude.blogspot.com/2013/05/warbler-fix-in-forest-park-queens-ny.html

Andrew Baksh
Queens, NY